Technology and Internet Habit In technology addiction, and especially in a child exposed to intense screen exposure, different symptoms occur according to age. This then becomes a habit. In a child with internet and technology addiction; Language and speaking skills may be retarded, he may become unresponsive every time he is called, a lack of attention, anger control problem may develop as he grows up, his relations with parents and his environment may be negatively affected, and he may experience some problems and failures in school life.
In adolescence, introversion, staying away from social environments and communication difficulties may occur. It is important for parents to follow the content as well as the time their children spend on the Internet in order to understand them. Trying to explain the harms of uncontrolled internet use to children should not be avoided.
How can we protect our children from internet habit?
· Prepare weekly internet usage charts, you can create a plan accordingly.
· You can direct your children to sports, arts and hobbies that are suitable for their talents and interests.
· Try to see your child’s needs. Reveal the factors that cannot be nurtured or completed in life, family relationships and social environments.
· Smart phone/tablet etc. to comfort, silence, feed children. Never use tools such as
· Determine the daily internet usage hours.
Smoking is a habit acquired mostly in childhood and youth. The habit of smoking and the formation of addiction depend on many factors. Pretentiousness, showing off, imitation, boredom, stress, confrontation with elders, insecurity, shyness, insistence on friends, being able to communicate, fun, pleasure. Smoking habit, which is started for such reasons, is one of the psychosocial-based harmful behaviors.
How should we approach the smoking habit?
· First of all, explain the situation to your child, regardless of right or wrong.
Try to understand what causes smoking.
· Give information, not advice.
· Encourage your child to quit smoking and make them feel that you will always be there for them.
· Support for interests, make suggestions. -Set a date together to quit smoking. Make sure you are prepared for any behavior that may occur.
Nutrition has a special importance in maintaining human life, raising and maintaining the quality of life. There are many diseases that can occur due to nutritional deficiency and imbalance. Inadequate and unbalanced nutrition leads to infections by reducing body resistance, but excessive food consumption and lack of physical activity also lead to obesity.
What are the behaviors that should be done in order for children to acquire a balanced diet habit?
· Let your child help you with meal preparation. This way, you can also get your child interested in a new and different food.
· Cook at least one of your child’s favorite meals.
· Color your table. This will attract your child’s attention and increase the variety of food he eats.
· If the child does not want to eat or has finished eating, you can allow him to leave the table.
· Let your child decide on the food and the amount to eat.
· While the child is eating, do not put him in a race and do not compare with other children. Don’t insist and don’t pressure.
Children generally do not like to sleep, they make an effort not to sleep. Others do not want to wake up and do their daily routine. The need for sleep varies according to the age of the child. Sleep is especially important in preschool children. While it is 13-14 hours for a 3-5 year old child, it is 10-12 hours for a 6-8 year old child.
What are the reasons why the child does not want to sleep?
· The child may refuse to sleep in response to the need for control and the oppressive attitude of his parents.
· Parental quarrels can create a traumatic effect on the child, causing fears and causing sleep problems.
· Fear of the dark and nightmares.
· Physical and emotional needs are not met.
· In the case of night terrors, the child wakes up later in the night crying. Difficulty in breathing, excessive sweating, a state of great fear are seen. However, when asked, he does not remember anything. There could be many reasons for this situation. He may have experienced an undesirable, frightening, worrying situation.
· The child has an illness.