Under the chairmanship of Vice President Fuat Oktay, in order to evaluate the progress made in domestic vaccination studies conducted to eliminate the COVID-19 epidemic; Health Minister Fahrettin Koca, Industry and Technology Minister Mustafa Varank, Agriculture and Forestry Minister Bekir Pakdemirli, Presidential Health and Food Policy Committee Deputy Chairman Serkan Topaloglu and Turkey Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Agency, TUBITAK, TÜSEB Presidents, representatives of relevant institutions and stakeholders at the Presidential Complex ” Domestic Vaccine Studies Evaluation Meeting “was held.
The decisions taken at the meeting are as follows:
– The number of centers where first stage clinical studies are conducted will be increased from 9 to 20.
– One responsible will be determined in clinical centers to follow the processes related to human experiments. Working closely follow the process of determining the calendar and Turkey Institutes of Health Administration (TÜSEB) appointed by a responsible supervisor will be provided.
– Ongoing international cooperation studies for Phase 3 phases will be finalized.
– Necessary planning and preparations will be made to increase the serial production capacity for the vaccines being developed.
– By ensuring that ongoing vaccination studies include mutant variants, the coordination between relevant institutions will be increased and the vaccine development studies will be followed meticulously in order to result in fast and effective results.
– Domestic vaccination studies evaluation meetings will be held at the Presidency at the latest once a month.